Organising a road closure is straight-forward, enjoyable and empowering. We have created a simple and clear process to make this happen – and we’ll be with you every step of the way.
In Birmingham, we advise that you allow 4-6 weeks to plan a road closure, and in Solihull we advise you allow for at least 6-8 weeks. But we’ll work with you to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
Below are the ‘six simple steps’ you can follow to turn your road into an ‘Active Street’.
How it works
1. Contact Active Streets
2. Choose a time for a street meeting to talk about your Active Street
3. Invite all your neighbours with leaflets
4. At your street meeting, choose activities and stewards
5. Invite all your neighbours to your Active Street
6. Enjoy your Active Street!
If you’d like to hold a road closure on your road email [email protected] with your road name and postcode to get the process started!