Listen & Connect
Here to Help
Listen and Connect is a listening service with a difference!
Listen and Connect provides a telephone support service that offers a safe space for people to feel heard and to talk about what is important to them. What makes us unique is that the service sits within a wider network of support services within The Active Wellbeing Society – meaning that we can offer practical solutions with links to clothing and food support, Share Shacks (borrowing tools and sharing practical skills), holistic delivery and our Social Prescribing team. We have an experienced and knowledgeable team that can provide up to 12 weeks of support for people to live well, be active, access information and advice. As well as connecting them to opportunities within their communities to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
We Strive To:
- Build on people’s strengths and foster community connections to build resilience, confidence, self-esteem, improve physical and mental health.
- Reduce members of the community feeling increasingly lonely and socially isolated due to the Coronavirus and other social circumstances.
- Increase people’s opportunities to take part in group activities to improve physical and mental health wellbeing and tackle health inequalities.
- Provide signposting and information to support people to access the health, social care, and other support services.
- Increase people’s ability to have improved social interactions with others and take part in purposeful activities in their community.
For any general enquiries about the service please email [email protected] direct or phone us on 0121 728 7030