Our Legal Bases for processing your data
What information we collect about you?
Personal Data including special data
Why we collect your personal information
- help us to fulfil any contract we hold with you
- provide better services to our customers and the public in Birmingham in-order to deliver community benefit
- administer a central single customer view of activities provided by TAWS
- administer membership records
- promote public health and physical activity
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our programmes
- maintain our accounts and records
- prevent fraud and misuse of public funds
- report to our funders on our charitable objectives
- facilitate research and insight
- target and plan the provision of services
- allow us to target our efforts to tackle inequality and help the most disadvantaged in communities e.g. protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010
How your information will be used
Subject to the appropriate consent we will:
- inform you about TAWS news and updates that we think you might find interesting
- inform you about free events and activities we think you might be interested in
- send you marketing about our paid for products and services we think you might be interested in
- give you the opportunity to feedback to us such using, for example, on-line surveys
- use computer tools and techniques to analyse trends, patterns and profile data to gain insight into participation
For the Big Birmingham Crowd and subject to appropriate consent we will:
- manage and facilitate the exchange of contact details between participants in the Big Birmingham Crowd.
- IT Provider and Data Processors:
- Torque 2, Kinetic, Omnico, Capita, Aquilla, Sage, Microsoft
- Partners and Grant providers:
- Birmingham City Council, Saheli, Sport England, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Knowledge institutes and research organisations:
- Sheffield University, Sheffield Hallam University, BRAP
Access to your information
Further information & any changes
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for ‘Be Active Birmingham’.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Birmingham B9 4AA.