We are looking for experienced cyclists, who would like to put their passion to good use by training the next generation. You will be part of our team delivering a range of Bikeability’ courses in schools across Birmingham.
This will involve:
- Working in Birmingham primary schools with pupils from Reception to Year 6. The bulk of our work is with years 3-6.
- Occasional work with Year 7 – 9 students in secondary schools and on holiday courses.
- Teaching cycle skills away from traffic and then on-road
- Riding on-road with young people
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Taking responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of those in your care.
- Submitting course results to Bikeability Co-ordinator via email
Before starting we will train you as a National Standard Cycle Instructor. This will give you the skills and confidence to deliver Bikeability. Ongoing training and support will enable you to qualify, giving you a nationally recognised qualification.
This is a freelance role with the majority of work will be during school term-time, although we do delver after schools and weekends and run holiday sessions. You will need to travel to schools in the Birmingham area to deliver training sessions.