This Code of Conduct sets out the standards of service that you can expect from us when booking to attend an event. or activity Reservations for sessions can be necessary for a variety of reasons such as limited venue size; a specific number of participants being required to run the session (maximum or minimum) or enabling staff to provide adequate resources for activities and events.
The Code of Conduct also explains what we expect from participants in booking for and attending an event.
The Active Wellbeing Society will:
- Publicise events through our website and in print. Where changes to events happen after the publication of printed material, these changes will be notified through the website. The website should be regarded as the most up-to-date source of events information.
- Make the sign up arrangements for each event clear both on the website and in the printed information.
- Provide sign up facilities, either through an on-line reservation system, or through sign up at our office for events requiring a deposit to book a place.
- Notify any changes to the event itself or to the date, time or venue for the event to participants by e-mail in advance of the event.
- Honour bookings made by participants. Anyone holding a confirmed booking that arrives more than 5 minutes after the advertised start time of the session will not be admitted to the session.
- Admit participants whose names are on the waiting list for the session if spaces remain 5 minutes after the advertised starting time for the session.
- Admit participants who have not booked a place at the session only if places remain once all those with booked and reserved places have been admitted.
- Provide written information about the conditions of booking for any events which differ from the above.
- Check the sign up for sessions they are interested in attending and, where necessary, reserve a place
- Cancel their reservation if they are unable to attend a session for which they have booked. This enables us to offer that place to other participants
- Ensure that they arrive on time for the session
- Notify us on 0121 728 7030 (between 9.30am and 4.45pm) if you will be arriving late so that advice can be given about whether they will still be able to join the session and a place can be held for them if appropriate