Listen & Connect
The listen and connect service was originally founded as a ‘friendly chat service’ to support adults in Birmingham experiencing vulnerabilities during the COVID19 pandemic. As we transition out of the pandemic it is clear that we need to continue to engage in new ways of supporting adults in Birmingham. Listen and Connect seeks to offer a flexible, innovative, and strengths-based community response to isolation, loneliness, social exclusion, mental ill health, and physical wellbeing.
We Strive To:
- Reduce levels of social isolation and loneliness due to the Coronavirus and other social circumstances.
- To increase people’s levels of resilience, confidence, self-esteem and purpose.
- Support people to manage their levels of anxiety, panic attacks and lower rates of depression and mental ill health.
- Decrease the gap in health inequalities by increasing people’s opportunities to take part in group activities to improve physical and mental health wellbeing.
- To increase people’s ability to have improved social interactions with others and take part in purposeful activities in their community.