The Crowd Digital Platform
The Crowd Digital Platform is a communication platform that allows communities to find out what’s going on locally; to share thoughts and experiences, discuss ideas and to mobilise around causes to make things happen.
Our purpose is to empower citizens to build stronger, happier, healthier communities and improve their health and wellbeing.
Our mission is to be the go-to platform for people and organisations across Birmingham and Solihull to build connections, get more involved, share resources, learn new skills and collaborate more effectively to make a difference.
Our aim is that the Crowd platform will provide an inclusive, safe space where local communities can interact with the content and each other. A place where people come to talk about what matters to them and where people feel welcome and respected.
When taking part in the Crowd online community, whether creating or sharing content or posting comments, we ask that you follow our community use guidelines that explain the types of behaviour that are or are not allowed. But most importantly of all: Enjoy The Crowd!
Community Use Guidelines
The Community Use Guidelines describe behaviors that are and are not allowed on The Crowd digital platform. Violation of these may result in the removal of content or loss of access to the Crowd.
The Crowd is designed for use by people over 16 years of age and should not be used by anyone under this age. As the administrators of the platform The Active Wellbeing Society will act with respect and consideration for all users.
Some basic Do’s and Don’ts
- Speak out about where you want to see positive change in your local community
- Create networks
- Mobilise around causes
- Set up groups and share content
- Respect other people’s views and beliefs, treat others with dignity even where their views differ from your own and consider your impact on others when making your contribution
- Protect your privacy. Don’t give out personal contact information such as email addresses, postal addresses or private telephone numbers
- Keep language clean and family friendly
- Keep it legal
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- Do not attempt to log on using another users account
- Post comments that are violent in nature, racist, sexist, sexually explicit, homophobic or which condone other forms of hate-speech, or use discriminatory or defamatory language. These will not be tolerated and will be removed immediately.
- Post comments that discriminate against, attack, insult, shame, bully or belittle others. We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks, campaigns against individuals and/or abuse will not be tolerated
- Do not discuss or argue with any moderator decisions, such as posts being deleted, threads being blocked and users being warned or banned
- We reserve the right to remove content/comments posted on the Crowd that do not meet the community guidelines or that we believe:
- contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- are abusive, obscene or otherwise unacceptable
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity
- are potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright
- are seen to impersonate someone else
- include personal details about others (without their consent) which enables them to be identified ,such as phone numbers, photographs, postal or email addresses of users or third parties
- describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- are obviously commercial for example advertising material or links not in line with The Crowd’s community ethos or which are considered to be ‘spam’, that is posts containing the same, or similar, messages posted multiple times
We rely on members of the Crowd to report content that violates these guidelines. All content on the platform will have an option to flag out of date or inappropriate content and we ask that members are pro-active in reporting unacceptable content and posts. Its your community so help us to keep it a safe, inclusive and welcoming place to be.
To ensure an inclusive and safe space for all members, The Active Wellbeing Society has developed the above set of Community Use Guidelines that detail behaviours that are and are not allowed on the Crowd platform.
Members can flag content that they believe violates these Community Use Guidelines and Administrators can review and remove content or close discussions in their Crowd Eco-system.
Following review of inappropriate content that breaches the Community Use Guidelines, Active Wellbeing Society staff will be able to take action to remove or edit content, close comments or to suspend someone’s ability to post content. This will only be done where there has been content or behaviour that is unacceptable. Continued unacceptable behaviour could result in someone’s access to the Crowd platform being blocked permanently. Behaviour which is spotted or reported to be of a criminal kind will be reported to the police or other appropriate authorities.