Helping Create Happier & Healthier Communities
Active Communities have been working across Birmingham and Solihull to support people with their ideas to help change their area to become a more happier and healthier place to live. With funding from Sport England and the National Lottery we were able help pilot ideas into local communities.
Local groups of people came together and helped us reach into their communities and support them with small pots of funding to help increase social and physical activity in their areas.
As of 1st February 2020, Active Communities Awards has been temporarily put on hold and will be up and running in the near future.
If you would like more information or to register your interest please e-mail [email protected]
Who Can Apply?
- Community, Voluntary and Faith organisations that are not profit and registered
- Group of people, without a formal structure with an idea or locally identified need
- Priority will be given to organisations based in and operating in the areas on the map below
How Much Funding is Available?
- Registered Groups: up to £1,000 – payable via a BACS transfer to an organisational account. (one application per organisation)
- Non-registered Bodies – £50 – £500.